Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Oversized Dreamcatcher Cards

Amber here, taking over the White Rose Crafts blog, today, as we continue to celebrate Polish paper company, Lemoncraft, to share this trio of oversized cards I created with the Lemoncraft Daydream 12x12 paper collection and matching Ephemera Cards.


I was using the 12x12 paper, so I was faced with a dilemma. I'm in love with the bright bold colors in these unique patterns, and really wanted to make cards with them--but some of the most beautiful  images were far too big for my usual A2 size cards. What is a bummed out cardmaker to do? Well, I checked out my stash and noticed that I have some good quality #10 envelopes. I have done tall, skinny cards before, and really like the look, so I decided to create some 4x9.5 side fold card bases out of 110# white cardstock and set about cutting the perfect 3.75x9.25 dream-catcher panels out of 3 sheets of the Daydream 12x12 paper.


Before getting started on the panels, I knew these simple card designs were going to need a little bling; so, I used some pink, glitter washi from my stash and created a sparkly border "mat" on each of the card bases. Next, I chose my first pattern--the smaller, centered dream-catcher--and one of the 4x6 ephemera cards. I chose a pink subtle pattern with a teal butterfly and "Just Be Yourself" sentiment. I trimmed it down to create a sentiment banner, and then fussy cut the butterfly, embellishing with some white gel pen and set it aside. Next I attached my paper panel using Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape, then I popped up the sentiment banner on the same foam tape and glued down my butterfly, just in the center & folded up the wings for dimension. Finally, I added a couple of white dots to the small butterflies on the paper & a few pink rhinestones for a little bling and a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella to the feather images. 


To bring the outside of my card to the inside, I added a panel of pink cardstock and used the "you are One of a Kind" sentiment from the Heidi Swapp Magnolia Jane: Only You stamp set in Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers ink. Finally, I fussy cut some feather images from one of the other sheets of paper and scattered them around the sentiment.


For my second card, I selected the panel with the largest dream-catcher image, that doesn't quite fit on the panel. Using Versafine Onyx Black ink, I stamped the "you are One of a Kind" sentiment again, inside the opening of the dream-catcher image. 


I popped up the panel on my card base with Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape & then added a few Kaisercraft, pink rhinestones from the June "Summer of Love" kit


To bring the outside in, I added a panel of mint cardstock and stamped the "Beautiful, Special & Unique" sentiments from the Heidi Swapp Magnoila Jane: Special Words & Icons stamp set, in Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry ink in my Misti. I shifted it slightly and stamped again in Versafine Onyx Black.


For my final card, I took the final paper panel and stamped the "Thankful for You" sentiment from the Heidi Swapp Magnoila Jane: Special Words & Icons stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink. 


I again used Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape to pop up my panel, before adding a generous scatter of pink Kaisercraft and Queen & Co rhinestones from my stash. I went simple with this card and added a thin strip of the panel I had trimmed off to the edge of the inside of the card, to finish it up. 


I hope you've enjoyed this trio of cards as much as I enjoyed working with the Lemoncraft Daydream collection.

If you haven't yet, I encourage you to check out Lemoncraft on FacebookInstagram & their Blog! Don't worry, it's in both Polish & English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment