Wednesday, June 6, 2018

6 Simple Lemoncraft Cards

Hello again White Rose Crafts fans! Amber here, taking over the WRC blog again for day 6 of our Lemoncraft Feature week & sharing a collection of six simple cards I created with the Lemoncraft Daydream 12x12 paper collection and matching Ephemera card pack. 


For these cards I cut the remaining 12x6 pieces of the Daydream paper into 4x6 panels. I also added some blue, teal and pink rhinestones from my stash and a scrap of Mountain Rose Petallics shimmer cardstock & Kaisercraft Indigo Skies stamp set I had left over from the April subscription kit. Next, I selected my first patterned paper panel, a beautiful, vibrant pink lace print & a scrap of teal patterned paper from yesterday's oversize cards project. I trimmed the paper panel down to 1/8" smaller than my A2 top folding card base & adhered it to the base. Next I adhered the teal scrap horizontally across the card, then I trimmed down the "May Your Dreams Come True" ephemera card to about 3.5x4.5 & adhered it in the center using Woodware 1mm Foam Mounting Tape. Finally, I added a scattering of rhinestones and clear Wink of Stella pen to the sentiment for sparkle.


For my second card I selected one of the Aqua, crackle patterned panels & a scrap of pink and another of Aqua. I trimmed the panel down to 1/4 inch smaller than my A2 base, then adhered the pink scrap, centered vertically and the aqua strip centered on the pink. For a bit more separation, I mounted the 3x4 "Life is Beautiful" ephemera card on a panel of pink cardstock, 1/4 inch larger than the card before popping it up on Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape. For embellishment, I added a few blue rhinestones, some dots of Glossy Accents and a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella to the rose and leaves.


For my third card I chose to use the bonus feather pattern on the back of the paper collecton cover sheet (Lemoncraft includes a patterned paper printed on the back as a bonus with the double sided 12x12 collections, which is a feature I love!) I trimmed the panel to 1/8 inch smaller than the A2 base & adhered it with double sided tape; then I used a pink Glaze Pen to create a border of dots & set it aside to dry. Next, I fussy cut the dream-catcher from one of the 4x6 ephemera cards & the large butterfly from one of the 3x4 cards. I glued the dream-catcher down, then adhered the butterfly over the existing one on the dream-catcher image, but only in the center so I could fold up the wings for dimension. I added some blue & pink Glaze Pen to the dream-catcher & white Gel Pen to the butterfly for definition. Finally, I cut down a scrap of pink paper & stamped "You Are Simply Amazing" from the Kaisercraft Indigo Skies stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink, adding blue Glaze Pen dots around the sentiment before adhering the panel over the dream-catcher with Woodware 1mm foam mounting tapeAs a final touch, I added a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly and feathers on the dream-catcher for extra bling.


For my fourth card, I again chose to use the bonus feather print as my background and selected two small scraps of the pink lace print. I again trimmed my panel 1/8 inch smaller than the A2 base & adhered it to the card. Next, I adhered the two scraps, one wide, one narrow, creating a cross section in the lower left corner of the card. I chose the "Simply Beautiful" 4x6 ephemera card, trimmed it to about 3.5x5 & mounted it on pink cardstock before popping it up on Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape. I added a few blue rhinestones, some dots of Glossy Accents and lots of clear Wink of Stella for shine and sparkle.


For my Fifth card, I chose the gorgeous pink, floral paper as my background & mounted it on teal cardstock before adhering to my A2 card base. Next, I selected a scrap of Mountain Rose Petallics shimmer cardstock and adhered it, centered, horizontally. Next I chose the "Live Love Laugh" 3x4 ephemera card & mounted it on pink cardstock before adhering with Woodware 1mm foam mounting tape for a touch of dimension. For embellishment, I added pink Glaze Pen to the white sentiment to give it color and shine & added a few pink and blue rhinestones scattered around. As a final touch, I added clear Wink of Stella to the feather for sparkle. 


For my final card, I selected the beautiful aqua wood grain pattern. I trimmed the panel down to 5.5x4 and mounted it flush with the left side of my A2 base. Next, I took the last scrap of Mountain Rose Petallics shimmer cardstock and adhered it in the remaining gap, trimming off the extra. I used a strip of blue rhinestones to cover the seam. Next, I selected 3 of the ephemera cards with rose images on them and fussy cut the roses, adhering them to the left and bottom of the wood grain patterned paper. Using the Kaisercraft Indigo Skies stamp set, left over from the April subscription kit, I stamped the "Hello Beautiful" sentiment with my misti using, first, Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry ink & then slightly off-setting the card before stamping again in Versafine Onyx Black ink, creating a cool pink shadow. For embellishment, I added frosted pink bling from Queen & Co & more blue rhinestones. Finally, I added a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella to the roses, because as you can probably tell, I'm obsessed with sparkle.


I hope you enjoyed learning how I created these cards and were inspired to create a simple, quick card collection of your own, using some of the gorgeous Lemoncraft paper & matching ephemera.

No comments:

Post a Comment