Sunday, April 15, 2018

Custom Flamingo Shaker Card

Today I'm sharing a fun custom shaker card I created using my brand new Flamingo Tropic Sparkle Blends, a leaf from an old tropical stamp set from my stash and the fantastic Color Layering Flamingo stamp set by Hero Arts.


I began by stamping a bunch of leaves on post it notes and fussy cut them to use as masks. I selected a 4x5.25 panel of 65# white cardstock & began laying out my leaf background in the top right and bottom left corners. Next, I used my craft knife to cut out one leaf in each cluster to use as my shaker windows, which I then backed with acetate before I began coloring the leaves with my Spectrum Noir markers.

 

On a seperate scrap of cardstock, I used Distress Oxide inks in Picked RaspberryWorn LipstickTattered Rose Black Soot to stamp out the layered flamingo, then I fussy cut it, leaving a small white border. Next, I adhered 2 panels of fun foam together before using an oval die from my stash to cut the shaker boxes & adhered it to the back of the panel. I added a generous amount of Flamingo Tropic Sparkle Blends to each of the shaker boxes before closing them up with a piece of bright green cardstock and adhering the whole panel to a top folding A2 card base.


I used 1mm Woodware foam tape to pop up the flamingo and nestled it into the cluster of leaves in the lower left corner. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide in to stamp a sentiment from the Color Layering Flamingo stamp set directly on the white space of the panel. Finally, I chose some of the cupped flower sequins from the Flamingo Tropic Sparkle Blend and scattered them throughout the leaf clusters for some subtle embellishment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Create like no one is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment