Sunday, September 16, 2018

Elf Train

To start off the hop today, I decided to combine two challenges into one card! In addition to our Hop, this is also "How do you Doodle" week over at White Rose Crafts--celebrating both Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends & Heffy Doodle stamps & dies! I'm a huge fan of the Elfish Antics stamp set from Heffy Doodle & wanted to mix it up a bit by pairing it with our Bubblegum Ice Sparkle Blend! If you've seen this blend you might be raising an eyebrow right now, but I love a good non-traditional Christmas color palette, and thought the icy blues & silver, soft pinks, and transparent purples made the perfect, contemporary Christmas combination for this simple stamped and Copic colored, frame style shaker card.


I used a frame die from my stash to cut a white, 110# frame & my Misti to repeat stamp the train and car around the frame in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped the elf girl and remote control & colored them all with Copic markers.


I backed my colored frame with a clear acetate window & used Woodware 3mm foam mounting tape to create a shaker box. I selected a sheet of beautiful, blue snowflake paper from the Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace paper collection as my background, adhering it to a top folding, white A2 card base. I added a generous amount of Bubblegum Ice Sparkle Blends to the middle of the panel & then centered my shaker box and adhered it to the background.


I topped the windows of the train engines & the white areas of the elf's clothes with a generous coat of Sakura clear Stardust Pen & coated the grey train sections with Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen, so they look more silver than grey.


Finally, I glued the remote control in the elf's hands & adhered her to the card, using Multi Medium Matte. I found a tiny "Season's Greetings" stamp from the Papertrey Ink Snow Globe Mini Sentiments stamp set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment