Friday, January 11, 2019

A Swine Line

I apologize for the lateness of this design team post for White Rose Crafts. My son has been sick, and sleep has been a rare commodity for both he and I for the better part of the last week, so my sweet husband decided to let me sleep today---until 5pm! 😳 I know I needed it, but it does mean I'm running super late with this post today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its Little Acres week over at White Rose & I knew I had to dig into the undeniably adorable Pigments of Imagination stamp set by Little Acres Creations. Little Acres was a small stamp company out of Colorado that, sadly, went out of business in 2018, but WRC owner, Kay, swooped in and purchased the remainder of the stock, prior to the store closing--making White Rose Crafts the exclusive retailer of her stylized, cute, now limited edition designs. If you're a fan of White Rose Crafts or Doodles Paper Playground, you've likely seen a few projects featuring these fantastic stamps from me in the past with my Moo Brew card (This set is currently out of stock, but will be making an exciting appearance in the future, so keep an eye out for it in May), and Piles of Smiles card--which might be my favorite so far!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time around I went back to my all time love, clean and simple scene cards that rely heavily on coloring. I stamped the fun mud puddle image on a piece of 65#, Copic friendly white cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamping that cute slip and sliding piggy on a separate scrap of cardstock, and colored both, leaving the top 2/3 of the card clean. 


After coloring the ground in the stippled style, I put the panel back into my Misti and stamped the "There's a swine line between you and 'Perfect" sentiment and 3 of the cute butterflies from the set. as a final touch, I selected a pale brown ink from my collection and stamped the "Sqwee" sentiment 3 times, so my piggy sounded as excited as he looks! I colored the cute flutterbys, and 1/8 inch off of each side of the panel, before adhering to a Neenah Desert Storm A2 cardbase with Woodware 1mm Foam Mounting Tape. I used that same mounting tape to pop up the cute piggy and give the card a tiny bit of dimension. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I ADORE this Pigments of Imagination stamp set--not least of all because the name of it is a cute pun! It makes me sad that this artist won't be making more designs because she has a really unique style that I love more than I thought I would--but I am pleased to represent a company that helped support a struggling artist. These designs are so much fun to color and interpret into a design, and I KNOW I'll be making more cute piggy cards in the not too distant future!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog, 
come back soon-
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment