Saturday, December 15, 2018

Contemporary Gingerbread Peeps

For today's project, I and took my inspiration from the non-traditional color palette of the kit to create this simple & easy to mass produce Christmas cards! I'm a sucker for that contemporary Pink, Teal & Purple combo!


I started with three A2 panels of white layering weight cardstock and the Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate Winter stamp set (sold out). I chose Distress Oxide inks in Picked RaspberryPeacock FeathersShaded LilacWilted Violet, & Spun Sugar for this simple, repeat stamping technique. Using my stamp positioner, I started with Picked Raspberry at the center of my panels, stamping all 3 at the same time, assembly line style, sliding the panels up or down 3/4 of an inch for each new color. Once I had covered the panel from top to bottom, I trimmed them down to 3 7/8 x 5 3/8, and then cut each one in half, diagonally, from corner to corner. 


Next, I cut  two 1/4 inch strips each of Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle Cardstock (included in kit), Craft Creations Blue Shimmer Paper (included in kit) and Craft Creations Lilac Shimmer Paper, adhering them behind the diagonal cut edges of each of the panels. I mounted those triangles to plain white panels cut to 4 1/8 x 5 5/8 inches, making sure the corners were flush with the new panel. This left a nice inset strip with a sparkly border for me to stamp a simple "Wishing you a Merry Christmas" sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Holiday Sentiments stamp set (add-on item) in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.


I mounted the first two of the assembled panels onto A2 panels of coordinating cardstock from my stash, and the third--featuring the Pixie Dust Sparkle Cardstock--on a panel of Aspire Petallics Pearl Shimmer Cardstock (add-on item), before adhering the finished panels to top folding 110# A2 card bases. For a final touch of sparkle & texture, I added Nuvo Drops, from the glitter collection, in Aquatic Mist, Purple RainSherbet Shimmer & White Blizzard on just a few of the Gingerbread Girl's Bows.


I really love how these contemporary Christmas cards turned out. I love that they're simple & easy to make several quickly, which is great for those last minute cards you forgot you needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment