Monday, November 19, 2018

Winter Wonder

For my project today, I decided to try out one of the new to me and new to White Rose Crafts stamp designers, Little Acres Creations. I decided to go back to one of my favorite techniques & do some stamp masking with the Piles of Smiles stamp set & colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. I added a ton of Sakura White Souffle pen to the colored image, making it look as though there's heavy snowfall, leaving a coating of fluff on all of the cute critters and that adorable mail stump. I added Dovecraft Crystal Clear Glitter Glue to the snow, giving it lots of gorgeous sparkle. I used a white gel pen to liberally add dots of snowfall, all over my design, even over the colored images so they appear in the snow, rather than in front of it. Then I built a custom sentiment using Heffy Doodle's Elfing Christmas Words stamp set, stealing an ampersand from the Your Next Stamp Totally Narly set,  stamping it with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. As a final touch, I added a few snowflakes from my Doodles Paper Playground Frozen Sparkle Blend, scattered around. 

I selected an ice blue card base from my stash & cut a mat of plaid paper from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid: Winter paper pack, adhering it with Double Sided Sticky Tape. I trimmed my colored panel to 3.75x5 inches and adhered it in the center, popping it up with Woodware UK 1mm Foam Mounting tape, for a tiny bit of dimension.


I always love to bring the outside of my cards to the inside, so I cut another panel of Perfectly Plaid: Winter paper  and a white panel, measuring 3.5x4.75 inches, layering them with Double Sided Sticky Tape. I again built a custom sentiment, combining the large "Happy Holidays" stamps from Lawn Fawn's Winter Penguin mini stamp set, stamped in Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink, with "to you and yours" from the Holiday Helpers set using Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink. For a final touch, I added a few Lawn Fawn snowflakes, and the envelope and mailbox from the original Little Acres set, also in Morning Mist.


No comments:

Post a Comment