Saturday, September 29, 2018

Pumpkin Spice

For my project, I decided to revisit a technique I truly love-ink blending over a masked image. 
 I selected the Pumpkin Spice mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn, stamping the cup and shaker images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, as I intended to color them with Copic markers, and cut masks for them from Post-its.
I adore the beautiful, creamy blend I get with Distress Oxide inks, and knew I wanted to do an ombre background. I selected Abandoned CoralCarved Pumpkin & Wild Honey Oxide inks, blending them onto and A2 panel of 65# white cardstock, with a heavy hand, using a couple of Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tools and Mini Ink Blending FoamsI used a spray bottle to add water droplets, picking up the reactiviate ink with a paper towel.


I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and trimmed the panel to 3.75x5 inches. I cut a panel of Craft Creations Gold Shimmer Paper to 4x5.25 inches and mounted it on a white 110#, top folding A2 card base, before adhering my finished panel, centered, atop that. For a touch of shine, I added some of the pretty leaf confetti from the Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Be-Leaf in Yourself  to look like spice falling from the little shaker & then brushed a generous coating of Clear Wink of Stella on the whipped cream and coffee mug

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add-On Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment