Sunday, August 19, 2018

Halloween Shakers, 2 Ways

For my first project, I started with an A2 panel of white, Copic friendly cardstock. I stamped these adorable images from the Perfect Pumpkin stamp set by Newton's Nook in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using post-it notes to mask the pumpkins & create a little cluster. Before coloring them with my Copic markers, I used my Kraft Knife to cut out 3 of the pumpkins to use as my mini-shakers. 


After coloring, I backed the shaker windows with clear acetate & used foam tape to create 3 separate small shaker boxes. I added a generous amount of Very Cranberry Sparkle Blends to each little box, and then popped a white A2 card base on the back, so none of those shaker bits could escape.


I added a little Sakura Clear Stardust pen to the kitty's hat and the "Eek!" sentiment hanging from the spider web & a touch of pale color on the web itself


I finished off the card with the cute & punny, "Happy Mewo-oween!" sentiment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my second project, I decided to play with an oldie but goodie, the retired Hampton Art Haunted stamp and stencil set (I only used the stamps, here). I took an A2 panel of smooth white cardstock and stamped my scene, with the fence, haunted house and witch, using Versafine Onyx Black ink--Clear embossing the fence with Ranger Clear embossing powder so it would be shiny. Next, I selected a stitched circle die from my stash & did some partial die cutting to create a moon shape, finishing the cut with my scissors. 


I used Scattered StrawMowed Lawn & Hickory Smoke Distress Inks to color the background & moon with my Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool. I added the "Open if you Dare" sentiment with Versamark ink, and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder.


I selected an A2 white card base & lined it up with the panel. Then, I adhered the Moon shaped cut out to the A2 base with Multi Medium Matte. I backed the window with clear acetate & used Darice Double Sided Foam Adhesive Strips to create my shaker box.


I added a generous amount of Something Wicked Sparkle Blends to the shaker box & then added the top card panel to finish off this simple, no frills shaker card.

No comments:

Post a Comment