Thursday, August 9, 2018

Best Teacher

I'm sharing my project for our School's Cool promo week a bit late due to internet connectivity problems last week. I'm back online and wanted to share this project with you anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got back to my roots this time, with a one layer card, featuring stamping, masking and Copic coloring.


Like most of the design team, I fell in love with this adorable School Tots stamp set from Woodware UK, but I decided to keep things a little simpler. I chose to do some reverse stamping with the cute crayon image and 3 of the Versafine Clair inksChiantiSummertime, and Warm Breeze. Flipping the stamp over to stamp the image in Versafine Onyx Black. Next, I did some very simple masking with a sticky note & stamped a double stack of books with that cute little boy standing on top in Memento Tuxedo Black & went to town with my Copic markers, trying some weird color combinations with my limited color selection to match the Clair ink colors as closely as possible. I added some small details with a white gel pen & stamped the simple "For the best Teacher" sentiment in Onyx Black.


To add a cute touch on the inside, I stamped a few of the accessory images from the stamp set in Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copics.

No comments:

Post a Comment