Monday, June 11, 2018

Glow Firefly Shaker

Today I'm sharing a really fun card I created with a selection of products included in the Limited Edition, June "Summer of Love" Subscription Kit, along with several products available in the June Kit Add-Ons section of the store.

To start with, I selected the Ombre sheet of patterned paper, the Woodware UK Little Bit of Sunshine stamp set, Yellow & White Jillibean Soup Baker's Twine, Small Butterfly Charm, Jillibean Soup Shaker Card & Pouch & exclusive Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Summer Lovin' from the June Kit.


Because my kit came with one of the Jillibean Soup "Jar" Cards and matching "Jar" Shaker Shapes, I decided to grab the Lawn Fawn Little Fireflies Lawn Fawn Lights Out stamp sets with the Lawn Fawn Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder from the Add-Ons section. 


To create my card, I trimmed down the ombre patterned paper to 4.25x5.5, to fit the provided, die cut card base. I used a jar die from my stash that happened to fit the opening to cut the jar opening in the paper. Then, I took a sheet of white cardstock and lined it up with the jar opening in the card, lightly tracing the opening with a pencil. I stamped the adorable Little Fireflies Lawn Fawn stamps inside the outline & colored them with my alcohol markers. Then I used the smaller of the two "glow" circles provided in the stamp set & stamped them at the bum of each firefly with Versamark ink. I heat embossed them with the Lawn Fawn Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder & repeated that process 3 times until I got nice, glossy embossed circles. I erased my pencil lines before using my alcohol markers to color the "jar".


I used the same die again to to cut out my colored jar & squished Versamark, straight from the pad, where the cover of the jar would be & embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder. I used my kraft knife to scrape the detailing of a jar lid into the glossy embossed lid. I took another plain white A2 size piece of card. I lined it up inside the front flap of the card base & used the die cut opening to properly place my colored jar and adhere it down. I added a generous amount of Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Summer Lovin' sequin mix, exclusive to the June Subscription Kit, in the center of the image and then peeled off the adhesive backing and adhered the shaker pouch over my image. I added more double sided tape around the shaker and adhered it inside the front flap of the card, making sure the shaker went through the opening.



Next, I stamped the bee, butterfly, bug net & sentiment from the Woodware UK Little Bit of Sunshine stamp set in the kit, using Versafine Clair Morning Mist pigment ink. I used Glaze Gel pens from my stash to add a touch of color to the images. Once dry, I adhered my stamped panel to to the front of my card. Finally, I added 3 sequins from the Summer Lovin' Sparkle Blends for embellishment.


I wanted to bring the design to the inside of my card, too, so I stamped the "I hope your day Glows with happiness" sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Little Fireflies stamp set, embossing just the word "Glows" with the Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder. I also stamped one of the fireflies and flight trail at the top, right of the card & stamped another glow circle on the firefly's bum. Then I trimmed the butterflies off the bear with the net stamp from the Little Bit of Sunshine stamp set with scissors, and stamped just the bear "catching" the firefly. I didn't want any bleed through to the back of the card, so I used some water based fine-liner pens from my stash to color the images.



Finally, I stamped the "Lights Out" "I Glow In the Dark" sentiments and little moon & stars image from the Lawn Fawn Lights Out stamp set in the very bottom right hand corner, using Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


As a final touch, I added Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen to the firefly.



No comments:

Post a Comment